DFA Passport Requirements for Married Women- Filipino citizen is entitled to obtain a passport from the Republic of the Philippines. Since dual citizenship in the Philippines is allowed, citizens who have dual citizenship status are also permitted to process their Philippine passport.
Some applicants especially married women have limited information on the DFA Passport Requirements for married women.
Because of this limitation, they have encountered difficulties and to the extent they wasted their time and money to prepare their application. There are two steps on how to process DFA Passport requirements for married women.
A. Married applicants who are willing to use the surname of their husband, they are required to bring their legal and authenticated marriage contract. Below are some additional requirements:
1. Marriage Contract in Security Paper issued by NSO and Certified True Copy issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
2. Certificate of Attendance from CFO (Commission of Filipino Overseas) if married to a foreigner (color green).
B. Married applicants who are planning to revert their maiden name are required to submit documents related to their change of maiden name. Additional information below:
1. Death Certificate of the deceased husband and Marriage Contract (MC) in Security Paper issued by NSO or by the Local Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.
2. If marriage is annulled: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on annulment and NSO-issued Marriage Certificate with the annotation on the annulment decree.
3. If divorced: Certified true copy and photocopy of the first page and the dispositive portion of the judgment on divorce authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate where the divorce is obtained and NSO-issued Marriage Certificate with the annotation on the divorced decree.
Overseas Filipino – OFW Guide
Married women who aspire to apply or renew their passports
On the other hand, married women who aspire to apply or renew their passports should make a personal appearance at the Department of Foreign Affairs – Office of Consular Services together with their marriage contract and other DFA passport requirements.