Metrobank OFW Account – Metrobank Service is one of the partners of our fellow kababayans in helping their banking needs. Metrobank ATM for OFW is part of their services to cater the migrant filipinos.
This ATM savings account offered especially to overseas Filipinos and their beneficiaries. Initial deposit is only P50.00, with no maintaining balance.
*You can withdraw your money at over 803 Metrobank and 8,000 Bancnet, Megalink and Expressnet ATMs nationwide. Shop abroad in any Maestro-accredited establishment, or get cash in Cirrus-accredited banks in the currency of the country you’re visiting.
Peso Savings (ATM/Passbook)
Initial Deposit: PHP 50
Maintaining Balance : Waived
Balance to earn Interest
PHP 5,000 (E.T.)
PHP 10,000 (Passbook)
Auto Closure: Closed if zero balance for 3 months
Conversion to Regular Account
If no foreign remittance for 6 months
How to open:
1.) Just visit any Metrobank branch and present any of the
following identification documents:
* Driver’s License
* Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
* National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
* Police Clearance
* Postal ID
* Voter’s ID
* Barangay certification
* Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
* Social Security System (SSS) Card
* Philhealth card
* Senior Citizen Card
* Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
* Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
* Seaman’s Book
* Alien Certification of Registration (ACR)/Immigrant Certificate of Registration (ICR)
* Government office and GOCC ID (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID)
* Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
* Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
* Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
* Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with, supervised or regulated either by the BSP (see Exhibit A), SEC (i.e., corporations and partnerships) or IC (i.e., life and non-life insurance companies).
* Student ID issued and duly signed by the principal or head of the school.
2.) Submit the following requirements:
1. latest 2X2 picture
2. Clear photocopies of the valid ID presented
3. Endorsement Letter (Optional)
3.) Accomplish and submit account opening application form