The OFW Electron Card is an identification card issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) through its attached agencies, the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) and the Philippines Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
The card is a multi-function card containing information about the OFW which he will need in dealing with government and private institutions, locally and abroad.
The card has the following security features:
• photo card
• digital signature on card face with matching signature at the back
• tamper proof signature panel, and
• magnetic stripe with security code.
Below are the benefits derived from issuance of an E-Card:
• Serves as proof that card holder is a legitimate OFW and an OWWA Member
• Provides and permanent ID card number that will link OFW’s information necessary in dealing with various government and private agencies
• Facilitates availment of OWWA benefits and services
• Can be used as a remittance card, and ATM or a debit card at the option of the OFW.
The E-Card is given free of charge to all qualified OFWs.
All land-based workers who secure their OEC at the following offices are issued an E-card.
• POEA headoffice
• POEA Regional Office in Cebu City
• OWWA Headoffice
• U.A.E. (Abu Dhabi & Dubai)
Seafarers and Landbased workers in other jobsites will get their E-Cards at appointed dates that will be announced subsequently.
For more details, Please contact our OWWA Hotline 551-1560 / 551-6641